Sanitary Homogenizing Colloid Mill
The Bematek Sanitary CZ colloid mills make use of hygienic design concepts complying with 3A, FDA, and cGMP guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing. With advancements in food and beverage technology, nutraceuticals, and personal care products, manufacturers are challenged to innovate and advance with these sophisticated markets.
The addition of nutritional supplemental ingredients adds a new dimension to particle size reduction, emulsifying, and dispersing processes. It is our mission to partner with industry leaders to unlock innovative thinking, eliminate milling process constraints and maximize competitive edge.
- Quality Assurance – With excellent particle size reduction and dispersing performance, the colloid mill can be used for continuous and batch processes in a single pass. The Bematek Colloid Mill will simplify scale-up from R&D to full production by working off the same tip speed and providing the ability to predict final product outcomes.
- High Shear Precision – Fine tuning of applied mechanical shear is achieved through the micrometer style gap adjustment dial, leading to on-specification production and repeatability. Milling speed can also be controlled by an optional variable frequency drive.
- Colloid Mill Chamber Versatility – The Bematek mill chamber can be easily rotated 360° to accommodate different piping arrangements in a process plant, further supporting multiple product milling applications.
- Easy Mill Chamber Maintenance – This sanitary tri-clamp design allows quick and easy access to the mill chamber internal parts for inspection, cleaning, and mill chamber configuration. This mill design offers incredible productivity advantages.
- Modular Engineered Design – Permits quick and easy mill chamber interchangeability with various mill head profiles thus optimizing manufacturing process efficiencies and meeting particle size reduction requirements.
- Colloid Mill Chamber Simplicity – Fewer major milling components means ease of use and lower maintenance costs. Mill head internals cam be exposed by removing only two parts. With only four major components, the entire mill head can be rapidly maintained and configured for various applications.
- Rotor Safety Stop – The milling chamber has an optional positive stop mechanism that will never allow the conical rotor to contact the stator.
- Reliable Shaft Seal – Optimized shaft seal design reduces friction and wear within the seal chamber. This means less heat, no contamination, and reliable long-life.
- Temperature Control – Heat is removed or added with the mill chamber thermal jacket providing the ability to manage milling temperature while milling the process material. Thermal jackets are standard in Bematek machines.