Homogenizing Colloid Mills
The milling of various materials is one of the oldest processing activities that still exists today in modern manufacturing environments. The reduction of particle size in dispersions (solid-in-liquid) or droplet size in emulsions (liquid-in-liquid) is done by applying hydraulic and mechanical shear to various process ingredients. Bematek homogenizing colloid mills are recognized as the equipment of choice for increasing the stability of suspensions or emulsions in today’s complex homogenizing processes.
The Bematek CZ Sanitary and CK Industrial series colloid mills provide manufacturers with simple, repeatable processing capabilities, for fine-emulsion stability and dispersion uniformity.
The Bematek advantage is simplicity, along with a proven milling chamber design. This colloid mill is the simplest on the market today and has established a strong presence in the pharmaceutical, food and beverage, cosmetics and personal care, and chemical industries. Maintenance and process configuration of the mill chamber is easy with minimal parts to handle. Other mills are very complex and require the handling of many components to access internals or simply make gap settings. Additionally, Bematek proprietary rotor/stator profiles, designed for specific applications, deliver confidence and a cost-effective means for finished-product control and stability.
The Bematek Value
- Modular Engineered – Design permits quick and easy mill chamber interchangeability with various mill head profiles thus optimizing manufacturing process efficiencies and supporting multiple demands while meeting particle size reduction requirements.
- High Shear Precision – Fine tuning of applied mechanical shear is achieved through the micrometer style gap adjustment dial, leading to on-specification production and repeatability. Milling speed can also be controlled by an optional variable frequency drive.
- Easy Mill Chamber Maintenance – This sanitary tri-clamp design allows quick and easy access to the mill chamber internal parts for inspection, cleaning, and mill chamber configuration. This mill design offers incredible productivity advantages.
- Temperature Control – Heat is removed or added with the mill chamber thermal jacket providing the ability to manage milling temperature while milling the process material. Thermal jackets are standard in Bematek machines.
- Rotor Safety Stop – The milling chamber has an optional positive stop mechanism that will never allow the conical rotor to contact the stator.
- Colloid Mill Chamber Versatility – The Bematek mill chamber can be easily rotated 360° to accommodate different piping arrangements in a process plant, further supporting multiple product milling applications.
- Colloid Mill Chamber Simplicity – Fewer major milling components means ease of use and lower maintenance costs. Mill head internals cam be exposed by removing only two parts. With only four major components, the entire mill head can be rapidly maintained and configured for various applications.
- Reliable Shaft Seal – Optimized shaft seal design reduces friction and wear within the seal chamber. This means less heat, no contamination, and reliable long-life.
- Quality Assurance – With excellent particle size reduction and dispersing performance, the colloid mill can be used for continuous and batch processes in a single pass. The Bematek Colloid Mill will simplify scale-up from R&D to full production by working off the same tip speed and providing the ability to predict final product outcomes.