Laboratory High Shear Inline Mixers
The Bematek Laboratory LY dynamic mixer system was developed for R&D purposes and the complex task of scale-up in emulsifying and dispersing applications. These systems have features that address factors such as ergonomics, ease of use, and flexibility in throughput demands. From laboratory scale to pilot plant, and full-scale production, these Laboratory High Shear Inline Mixers offer the ability to reduce complexity and predict finished-product quality. The unique Front Load Design allows quick access to mixer internals, permitting efficient cleaning and mix chamber configuration throughout the R&D and scale-up phases.
Features & Benefits of Bematek's LY Mixers
- Shear-Zone Management™ – The configurable mixing chamber design places shear-zone control at your fingertips. You can manage the amount of shear-action or mixing intensity by selectively arranging rotor and stator positions and profiles thus not over-under mixing.
- Dual Action Mixing – This inline mixer delivers dual functionality with flexible mixing capabilities while providing high shear intensity to various feed materials in a single-pass machine, opening the path to manufacturing innovation.
- Production Cost Optimization – This true axial flow design can eliminate the need for pump assistance in some applications, leading to a manufacturing-cost advantage. The Bematek mixer generates superior self-pumping action using multiple internal rotors specifically designed for this task. 1.) The standard shear rotor is designed to deliver pumping assistance with efficiencies exceeding any other mixer. 2.) Optional, multiple propeller pumping rotor (s) can be configured into the mixing chamber to provide unmatched pumping efficiencies. No other inline mixer offers multiple pumping rotor (s).
- Mix Chamber Material Feed Control – Mixing chambers can be easily adapted to introduce process material at various positions in the shear-zone order thus controlling competing reactions or protecting shear sensitive materials from unnecessary work performed on the material.
- Work Space Utilization – Many mounting options are available that will accommodate your specific work area needs, whether it be bench top, mobile, or permanently fixed.
- Precision Mixer Design – Our rotor and stator shear gaps are optimized and consistent through precision mix chamber alignment. Mix chamber alignment is achieved with our integral bearing housing designed for maximizing mixer performance in a single pass.
- Sanitary Efficient – High-grade 316 sanitary clamps for quick disassembly and assembly between batches, enabling efficient cleaning and mix chamber configuration.
- Chemical Resistance – All 316L certifiable, wetted stainless steel construction meeting USP traceability standards and supporting your audit needs. Optional FDA and USP Class VI elastomers will protect against contaminating your R&D batch processing.
- Easy Mixer Chamber Maintenance – This sanitary tri-clamp design allows quick and easy access to the mixer chamber internal parts for inspection, cleaning, and mixer chamber configuration. This mixer design offers incredible productivity advantages.