Laboratory Homogenizing Colloid Mill
The Bematek Laboratory CB colloid mill was developed for R&D purpose and the difficult task of scale-up in homogenizing and emulsifying applications. These mills have features that address factors such as ergonomics and flexibility in workspace utilization, and changes in throughput demands.
From laboratory to pilot plant, and full-scale production, these systems offer the ability to reduce scale up complexity and predict finished-product quality.
The unique Front Load Design also allows quick access to milling chamber internals, permitting efficient cleaning and mill chamber configuration throughout the R&D and scale up phases.
Features & Benefits of Bematek's CB Colloid Mills
- Modular Engineered Design – Permits quick and easy mill chamber interchangeability with various mill head profiles thus optimizing manufacturing process efficiencies and meeting particle size reduction requirements.
- Quality Assurance – With excellent particle size reduction and dispersing performance, the colloid mill can be used for continuous and batch processes in a single pass. The Bematek Colloid Mill will simplify scale-up from R&D to full production by working off the same tip speed and providing the ability to predict final product outcomes.
- Rotor Safety Stop – The milling chamber has an optional positive stop mechanism that will never allow the conical rotor to contact the stator.
- Easy Mill Chamber Maintenance – This sanitary tri-clamp design allows quick and easy access to the mill chamber internal parts for inspection, cleaning, and mill chamber configuration. This mill design offers incredible productivity advantages.
- Colloid Mill Chamber Versatility – The Bematek mill chamber can be easily rotated 360° to accommodate different piping arrangements in a process plant, further supporting multiple product milling applications.
- Colloid Mill Chamber Simplicity – Fewer major milling components means ease of use and lower maintenance costs. Mill head internals cam be exposed by removing only two parts. With only four major components, the entire mill head can be rapidly maintained and configured for various applications.
- High Shear Precision – Fine tuning of applied mechanical shear is achieved through the micrometer style gap adjustment dial, leading to on-specification production and repeatability. Milling speed can also be controlled by an optional variable frequency drive.
- Front Load Clamped-Chamber Design – This sanitary design allows easy access to the mill head and all internal parts for inspection, cleaning, and mill chamber configuration.
- Temperature Control – Heat is removed or added with the mill chamber thermal jacket providing the ability to manage milling temperature while milling the process material. Thermal jackets are standard in Bematek machines.
- Reliable Shaft Seal – Optimized shaft seal design reduces friction and wear within the seal chamber. This means less heat, no contamination, and reliable long-life.